Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Review: Ronnie Pearl vs. Nick Sparx (Wrestler4Hire)

Simple is often a really good thing. Some people equate simple with boring, but Ronnie Pearl vs. Nick Spark from Wrestler4Hire shows how good simple can be. The guys, gear and action are all simple, but they work incredibly well together to make an exciting and enthralling wrestling video. I really enjoyed the simple, straight-forward squash.

It's a basic and beautiful battle
when Ronnie squashes Nick.

It's funny how guys change. Kid Leopard mentioned that Ronnie Pearl had wrestled at BGEast. I couldn't believe that I'd missed this stud. I raced over to check out in the wrestler profiles. Sure enough, there are two Ronnie Pearl videos: against Austin Cooper and Cybertron. I also realized how I missed him. He looks so different now that he's almost unrecognizable.

BGEast's Ronnie Pearl.

I'll say that I prefer his current look, which is simpler. There's less 'flash' to it, but it's incredibly hot. For me, Ronnie has evolved into a hot MANly stud. The beard, dark hair and macho swagger that he displays here is right out of an old school match. The pro hunk looks great in his basic red gear.

Opposite Ronnie is Nick, another simple stud. I love Nick's accessible good looks and his rocking body. I also love his attitude. This is the fourth or fifth time I've watched Nick and he's always up for whatever. He comes across to me as a cool bro-dude.

Ronnie rocks the mini-ring.

I love Nick's bro-next-door look.

So this is a squash. There's no real set up. It's thirty seconds of Ronnie flexing when Nick hops over the top rope into the ring. Immediately, Ronnie charges, dishing out a forearm a fist and a boot. WHACK! POW! THUD! OOF!

As Nick gasps on the canvas, he blurts out, "Give me a break, man!" (such a bro-dude response).

Ronnie lets him know, "No breaks for you, except maybe BROKEN RIBS!"

It's all downhill from there for the smoking hot hunk as pro wrestler Ronnie unleashes hell. I'll give him credit for stamina. He takes all the abuse and keeps asking for that break (it never comes).

Nick's boots hit the ring and he's mauled.

Nick's body takes a ton of torture.

No breaks for the sexy stud.

This is the right kind of match for Nick. Ronnie runs the action and creates a seamless, logical destruction. From what I've seen, Nick works better with pros (e.g., Josh Rotner) than joes (e.g., CJ Reznik). Nick suffers really well and moves in the holds perfectly. He takes a good bump as Ronnie just demolishes him for 20 minutes.

The fact that Nick is gorgeous helps as he's the type of guy who just looks good being bent, bashed and brutalized. Sorry, Nick, but it's true. You're a magnificent victim. There are hot pro power moves and a ton of body blows. It's savage and brutal (in a pro wrestling way). Ronnie simply owns him.

Ow. Are those the broken ribs Ronnie promised?

Love that arm hold.

Maybe Nick can finally get that break he wanted.

In the end, if you want to watch a hot MAN ruthlessly and relentlessly crush a gorgeous dude, this is probably the video for you. Ronnie relishes his opportunity to heel and Nick does "the job" exactly like he should. And if you ever work with Ronnie, maybe don't ask him for a break. He doesn't seem to like it.

So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

4 comments:

  1. I may finally have to give W4H a try. I've always been dissuaded by the fact that you need to create an account to even view their products, but Cameron Matthews has done a great job recruiting talent from multiple federations like Thunder's Arena, UCW, BG East, MDW, the indies, and even WWE! He's assembled a roster that I can no longer ignore, and he must be a great guy if so many different organizations and/or wrestlers are willing to work with him like that.

    - JS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth a look. Like anywhere, it can be hit or miss, but if you know the talent, I'd say try it out.

      I actually sent W4H an email when they first launched saying that the registration requirement was a mistake and a disincentive to traffic. So I totally get it.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for all the kind words. I'm thinking 2018 is gonna be an even more progressive year for me and my friends. I appreciate you supporting me on this journey. :)

      Delete
    3. You're welcome, Cameron! All the best in 2018.

      Delete