Friday, April 13, 2018

Review: Blayne vs. Hawk (Thunders Arena)

Introducing new wrestlers isn't easy for a lot of reasons. One of those is getting them noticed. That was the case with me and Thunders Arena rookie Hawk. This is a guy who is cute, hot and muscular. He's in great gear. The thing is, he's very Thunders looking. Which is a great thing to be in the real world, but in their world where everyone is a stunning muscleman, Hawk was kind of generic. Anywhere else, I would've noticed him faster. When I saw him on the Thunders website, I felt like I'd seen him before, because of just how Thunders he is.

However, I did notice him. Kind of. I actually noticed Blayne. The bigger, buffer, 2018 Blayne that faced Cason, but with body hair! Woof! After I noticed Blayne, I noticed the rookie and decided to give Blayne vs. Hawk a try.

Blayne gets to break in rookie Hawk.


Blayne carries his extra power well, remaining v-shaped with gorgeous pecs, but bigger arms and legs. Even though he's packed on muscle, he's still in his signature tiny floral poser. You've gotta like that. And he's kept all of his cool, his charm and his willingness to play along that makes him so fun to watch.

Hawk looks great in his green poser. I feel bad for not being more wowed, but the parade of perfection at Thunders has desensitized me to their brand of hot muscle. I need to see the talent and personality to back up those bodies. It's a terribly spoiled and unappreciative attitude, but what can you do? Luckily, things look up for Hawk as the video progresses. We see some of that talent and personality I'm craving, so keep reading!

Muscle and experience make Blayne a cocky stud.

Blayne: "Look at your fans.
Oh wait, you don't have any."

What exactly is this? I'm sure I've been in this
position before, but not during a match.

For quite some time, Frey has been the best guy for breaking in rookies at Thunders. He's the guy I would've told any rookie to ask to face, because he knows what he's doing AND he's also willing to make the new guys look good. That's the most important thing and it's harder than it looks. Interestingly, Frey is the other opponent Hawk has faced. If not for some beef and body hair, I might've actually gone that way.

Now, Blayne is another go-to-guy to really showcase the newbies. Or maybe he's just my other go-to guy. While Frey wins a lot, Blayne loses a lot, but he's still great at pumping everyone up and drawing out their personalities.

Here's a great example of why I love Blayne for rookies. He literally worshipped Cason. And he did it beautifully. Here, he puckers up and kisses Hawk’s flexed bicep. Twice. See, now that's a man who gets it. And Hawk’s put in a great position as the stud who makes him do it. Both end up winners of my admiration and my money moving forward.

Blayne's beefed up.

Hawk orders Blayne to kiss his bicep.
He does. Twice.

Hawk's all-in, letting Blayne grab him three times.
This claw lasts for 30 seconds.

The match is fairly back-and-forth in that both guys get on top, but it's very Thunders in terms of the narrative. Cocky veteran Blayne's big spots come early then it gets more one-sided for a big finish in the final minutes with huge power moves and the bicep kissing humiliation. At the end, one guy is left lying on the mat, out of it. Exactly the kind of sexy scenario that you'd expect.

Even though Hawk looks like a smaller stud and is listed at just 5'8"/190-lbs, he's surprisingly powerful, wrestling more like a big guy. The muscle hunk actually gets bigger Blayne up in a gorilla press, which I did not expect. And he holds him up there, too. Hawk also powers him up into a suspended choke twice, holding up for an impressive amount of time. Maybe Blayne’s pumped up with air? Naw, it's muscle. Hawk’s just a strong dude.

Whoa, Hawk's a major muscleman.

Blayne stays in the air for a long time.

It's subtle, but I love watching that
hairy stomach rising and falling.

In the end, I really enjoyed this pairing. Blayne’s proving to be a really reliable opponent for rookies. I love his enhanced body and his confidence. He's evolved into a real leader. Hawk couldn't have asked for a better partner to debut against. He's a strong and sexy stud who fits right in, but probably needs some love to breakthrough. Hawk's comfortable on the mats, plus he's also cool with guys grabbing his bulge and kissing his bicep, so big ups there.

So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

10 comments:

  1. Thunders does have a theme with their wrestlers - not that that's a bad thing - although they do have some fun variations, like the huge Brian Cage and the beefy Dirty Daddy. Hawk is of the more generic type, but pitted against a furry stud like Blayne (oh myyyy), which provides a contrast, it works. Of course, for me anything with Blayne, especially beefed up and furry, works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I agree on buff and furry Blayne. As for Hawk, the more focused sites have a unique challenge, because there's inherently a look and feel, but there needs to be something new. It's a tricky balance.

      Delete
    2. It is a fine line. Stick to the tried and true or risk alienating a fan base by something novel. How do you keep it fresh while keeping to your brand. I'm glad I don't have to work it out.

      Delete
  2. The latest custom where Blayne single handedly destroys Viking and Frey is a treat to watch.

    https://shop.thundersarena.com/collections/new-1/products/frey-viking-vs-blayne-custom-video-series-78

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks for the heads up. Just from the picture, it looks fun.

      Delete
    2. You are very welcome, Alex. We need more matches like these! Waiting to see your review on this! Your reviews are awesome!

      Delete
    3. Oh maaaan! Three of my favorites. And those pics of sweaty Blayne? Excellent.

      Delete
    4. Yes, would love to see a review of Blayne dominating Viking and Frey! The premise and pictures for this one certainly have me intrigued.

      Delete
    5. I'm intrigued, too. It's definitely on my list.

      Delete
  3. Blayne rocks Viking in a recent match released yesterday. Blayne shows that size doesn't matter and it's fun to watch. At a certain point, we see Viking sweating and he is stretched and puts his six pack abs on display screaming in pain from the beating that Blayne dishes out! Pure entertainment!

    https://shop.thundersarena.com/collections/new-1/products/blayne-vs-viking-custom-video-series-77

    ReplyDelete